Access to behavioral health is uneven and consumers often have difficulty getting the right combination of care when they need it. Our focus is on exploring methods that expand access and eliminate barriers to integrating behavioral and physical health care.
- This brief proposes a vision for behavioral health urgent care & outlines policy/programmatic recommendations to address barriers to implementing these services in MA.
Expanding Access to Behavioral Health Care in Massachusetts through Telehealth: Sustaining Progress Post-PandemicThis report explores the potential for expanding access to behavioral health through telehealth, including by maintaining many of the policies made during COVID-19.
- This brief provides a summary of the behavioral health-related provisions of the Governor’s 2019 health care bill.
- This report & chart pack document & describe the current behavioral health care system in MA & propose a series of recommendations through which the state can achieve reform.
- This series of reports describes the results of a comprehensive mixed-methods study on access to outpatient mental health services in Massachusetts.
- Primer designed to increase understanding of the behavioral health care system & issues affecting access to care for individuals with mental health & substance use disorders.
Fostering Effective Integration of Behavioral Health and Primary Care in Massachusetts, Year One ReportEvaluation of the 2015 Fostering Effective Integration grant program
Coordinating Care for Patients with Alcohol or Drug Use Disorders: Effective Practices and Common Barriers in Three CentersThis report describes the process of providing integrated care for patients with SUD at 3 sites in central MA and identifies common practices that improve care coordination.
- This report reviews the primary Massachusetts and federal privacy laws relevant to the exchange of information among physical and behavioral health providers.
- This report provides a review of the policy and regulatory barriers that impede behavioral health integration and identifies potential options for addressing these barriers.
Addiction and Recovery Services in the City of Boston: A Blueprint for Building a Better System of CareThis report will serve as a road map for the Mayor Office of Recovery Services.
Beyond Parity: Mental Health and Substance Use Disorder under Payment and Delivery System Reform in MassachusettsThis report explores the opportunities and implementation issues around integrating medical and behavioral health care under new payment and delivery system models.
- The report examines the nature and capacity of the licensed professional workforce in the children’s mental health service delivery system in Massachusetts.
Implementing the Rosie D. Remedy: The Opportunities and Challenges of Restructuring a System of Care for Children's Mental Health in MassachusettsThis issue brief explores the implications and potential effects of the district court ruling in Rosie D. v. Romney.